Profil de Luc LAMBS
Email : luc.lambsSPAMFILTER@univ-tlse3.fr
Téléphone / phone: 05 61 55 89 21
Bureau / office : 339
Institution : CNRS
Statut / status: Chercheur
Adresse professionnelle / address:EcoLab (UMR5245 CNRS-UPS-INPT)
University Toulouse III - Paul Sabatier
118 route de Narbonne
31062 Toulouse cedex 9
Site perso / personal website :
lien google scholar
- BSc in Chemistry, University of Strasbourg (1979)
- Master in Physiology, University of Poitiers (1981)
- Postgraduate diploma in Applied Chemistry, University of Poitiers (1982)
- PhD in Chemistry, University of Toulouse III (1983)
- Doctorat d'Etat in Chemistry, University of Toulouse III (1988)
- Research assistant, in Chemistry CNRS, detached to INSERM, Toulouse (1984-1985)
- Research scientist, in Chemistry CNRS, detached to INSERM, Toulouse (1985-1999)
- Postdoctoral position, University of Wroclaw, Poland (1991)
- Research scientist, in Ecology CNRS, Toulouse (1999-2012)
- Senior scientist, in Ecology CNRS, Toulouse (2012-)
• Understanding the water cycle and the influence of vegetation under various climate
• Phyto-remediation and water quality: the use of plants and their associated communities to depollute water
• Functional ecology of mangrove, swamp, riparian and cloud forests to understand their hydric need
• Monsoon and climatic records in trees: the use of stable isotope and dendrochronology to understand past and present rainfalls, mainly in India and West Africa
- Editorial board member, Water, www.mdpi.com/journal/water, since 2009
- Active member of the French Stable Isotope Society, SFIS, http://sfis.eu/ since its formation in 2000
- Scientific responsible of the Stable Isotopic Plateform Shiva, http://shiva.univ-tlse3.fr/
- Organiser of the 6th SFIS congress in Toulouse, October 26-29th 2010, www.sfis2010.com/fr/
- CNRS PICS program in India: study of Western Ghats water cycle (2010-2013), and UPS (2014) and INPT (2016) supports
- CNRS PIR program on Ecological Engineering: use of the mangrove of Mayotte Island for bio-remediation (2007-2010)
- CNRS EDD funds for the creation of a stable isotopic platform (2008), http://shiva.univ-tlse3.fr/
- Regional Project Help n°97002315 on the study on Poplar functioning (1999-2001)
- ANR MED-SGD, Submarine groundwater discharge, with Peter van Beck and Thomas Stieglitz (2016-2019)
- Project INRA LEGUMIP, adaptation of leguminous fodder to drougth, with Claire Jouany (2014-2017)
- Program EC2CO DELIS, dendrochronology of Sahel trees, with Eric Mougin (2015-2016)
- Program RTA-STAE PRISM, use of GNSS refractometry to study alluvial bank, with José Darrozes (2013-2016)
- CNRS program on Scattered Island with F. Fromard (2010-2013)
- Ministry of sustainable development, Galet program with J. Steiger on Garonne and Allier rivers (2007-2010), http://eau-territoire.blogspot.fr/
- PNEC program on French Guyana mangrove with F. Fromard (2003-2005)
- European 5FP program Flobar 2: EVK1-1999-00154 with K. Richards & F. Hughes (2000-2003), in charged of WP2, http://www.geog.cam.ac.uk/research/projects/flobar2/
PhD supervision (in Ecology only):
- Soumaïla Condé (2014-2017): Study of the Milo river, in collaboration of D. Corenblit, University of Kankan, Guinea
- Mélanie Herteman (2006-2010): use of the Malamani mangrove for waste water bioremediation, in collaboration with F. Fromard and J. Sanchez-Perez, University of Toulouse III, France.
- Mohamed Labiod (2006-2009): Riparian forest of the Tafna river, University of Tlemcen, Algeria.
Contribution to other PhD work:
-Aliénor Lavergne (2013-2016): Evaluation of tree-ring archive paleoclimatic tracer in northern Patagonia, University of Paris-Saclay, France.
-Muguli Tripti (2011-2014): Geochemical and isotopic studies of the Swarna river, SW India, University of Manipal, Karnataka, India.
-Félix Bompy(2010-2013): Study of the seasonal variation of swamp and mangrove forests, University of Pointe à Pitre, Guadeloupe
- Mohamed Sbabdji (2009-2012): Infestation of cedar trees by the pine caterpillar in the Chréa forest, University of El-Harrach, Algeria.
- Aline B. Horwath (2008-2011): Epiphytic bryophytes as cloud forest indicators: stable isotopes, biomass and diversity along an altitudinal gradient in Peru, University of Cambridge, UK.
- M. Tripti, GP Gurumurthy,L. Lambs,J. Riotte, K. Balakrishna. 2018. Water and organic carbon cycles in monsoon-driven humid tropics of the Western Ghats mountain belt, India: insights from stable isotope approach. J Geological Society of India 92, 579-587.
- C Capdeville, K Abdallah, E Buffan-Dubau, C Lin, F Azemar, L Lambs, 2018. Limited impact of several years of pretreated wastewater discharge on fauna and vegetation in a mangrove ecosystem. Marine Pollution Bulletin 129 (1), 379-391.
- L. Lambs, F. Bompy, M. Dulormne. 2018. Using an “isotopic spike” from tropical storm to understand water exchange on large scale: case study of Hurricane Rafael in the Lesser Antilles archipelago, October 2012. Rapid Comm. In Mass Spectrom 32, 457-468.
- D Corenblit, V Garófano-Gómez, E González, B Hortobágyi, F Julien,L Lambs, 2018. Niche construction within riparian corridors. Part II: The unexplored role of positive intraspecific interactions in Salicaceae species. Geomorphology 305, 112-122.
- A. Keriem , M. Sbabdji,,L. Lambs. 2018. Study of Atlas cedar growth (Cedrus atlantica Manetti) in El M’sid Mountains (east Algeria): productivity and growth according to planting methods. Open Journal of Forestry 8,182.
- B. Hortobágyi, D. Corenblit, Z. Ding,L. Lambs, J. Steiger. 2017. Above- and belowground response of Populus nigra L. to mechanical stress on the Allier River. Géomorphologie: relief, processus, environnement 23 (3), 219-231)
- D. Corenblit, J. Steiger, G. Charrier, J. Darrozes, V. Garofano-Gomez, A. Garreau, E. Gonzalez, A.M. Gurnell, B. Hortobagyi, F. Julien,L. Lambs, S. Larrue, T. Otto, E. Roussel, F. Vautier, O. Voldoire 2016.Populus nigra L. establishment and fluvial landform construction: biogeomorphic dynamics within a channelized river.Earth Surface Processes Landforms, 49: 1276-1292, DOI: 10.1002/esp.3954.
- M. Tripti, L. Lambs, G. P. Gurumurthy, I. Moussa, K. Balakrishna and M. D. Chadaga. 2016. Water circulation and governing factors in humid tropical river basins in the central Western Ghats, Karnataka, India. Rapid Comm. in Mass Spectrometry 30: 175-190.
- L. Lambs, P. Mangion, E. Mougin and F. Fromard. 2016. Water cycle and salinity dynamics in the mangrove forests of Europa and Juan de Nova Islands, southwest Indian Ocean. Rapid Comm. in Mass Spectrometry 30: 311-320.
- L. Lambs, F. Bompy, D. Imbert, D. Corenblit, M. Dulormne. 2015. Seawater and freshwater circulations through coastal forested wetlands on a Caribbean island.Water 7, 4108-4128. DOI 10.3390/w7084108
- D. Corenblit, A. Baas, T. Balke, T. Bouma, F. Fromard, V. Garófano-Gómez, E.González, A.M. Gurnell, B. Hortobágyi, F. Julien, D. Kim, L. Lambs, J.A. Stallins, J. Steiger, E. Tabacchi, R. Walcker. Engineer pioneer plants respond to and affect geomorphic constraints similarly along water-terrestrial interfaces worldwide.Global Ecology and Biogeography, 1-14.DOI 10.1111/geb.12373
- M. Sbabdji, L. Lambs, A. Haddad, B. Kadik. 2015. Effect of periodic defoliations by Thaumetopea Pityocampa Schiff on radial growth in cedar woodland in Chréa, Algéria.Rev. Ecologie (Terre et Vie) 70: 371-386.
- Gurumurthy GP, Balakrishna K, Tripti M, J. Riotte , S. Audry, JJ. Braun, L. Lambs, Udaya Shankar HN 2015. Sources and processes affecting the chemistry of subsurface waters along a tropical river basin, Southwestern India.Environ Earth Sci73 :333-346.
- D. Corenblit, J. Steiger, G. Charrier, J. Darrozes, J. Dousseau, E. González, A.M. Gurnell, F. Julien, L. Lambs, S. Larrue, E. Roussel, F. Vautier, O. Voldoire 2014. The biogeomorphological life cycle of Populus nigra L. during the fluvial biogeomorphological succession.Earth Surface Processes Landforms 39:546-563.
- M. Tripti, L. Lambs, G.P. Gurumurthy, R. Teisserenc, I. Moussa, K. Balakrishna and J.L. Probst 2013. First assessment of water and carbon cycles in two tropical coastal rivers of south-west India: an isotopic approach.Rapid Comm. in Mass Spectrometry 27: 1681-1689.
- L. Lambs, I. Moussa and F. Brunet 2013. Air Masses Origin and Isotopic Tracers: A Study Case of the Oceanic and Mediterranean Rainfall Southwest of France.Water 5: 617-628.
- P.O. Antoine, M. Roddaz, S. Brichau, J. Tejada-Lara, R. Salas-Gismondi, A. Altamirano, M. Louterbach, L.Lambs, T. Otto, S. Brusset 2013. Middle Miocene vertebrates from Amazonian Madre de Dios Subandean Zone, Peru.Journal of South American Earth Sciences 42: 90-102.
- A. Bouchez, N. Pascault, C. Chardon, M. Bouvy, Ph. Cecchi, L.Lambs, H. Herteman, F. Fromard, P. Got, Ch. Leboulanger 2013. Mangrove microbial diversity and the impact of trophic contamination.Marine Pollution Bulletin 66: 39-46.
- L. Lambs, K. Balakrishna and I. Moussa 2012. Response to comment on “Tracing the sources of water using stable isotopes: first results along the Mangalore-Udupi region, south-west coast of India. Rapid Comm. in Mass Spectrometry 26: 876-879.
- L. Lambs, A. Horwath, T. Otto, F. Julien and P.-O. Antoine 2012. Isotopic values of the Amazon headwaters in Peru: comparison of the wet upper Río Madre de Dios watershed with the dry Urubamba-Apurimac river system.Rapid Comm. in Mass Spectrometry26: 775-784.
- L.Lambs, A. Léopold, B. Zeller, M. Herteman and F. Fromard 2011. Tracing sewage water by 15N in a mangrove ecosystem to test its bioremediation ability.Rapid Comm. in Mass Spectrometry 25: 2777-2784.
- L.Lambs, GP Gurumurthy and K. Balakrishna 2011. Tracing the sources of water using stable isotopes: first results along the Mangalore-Udupi region, southwest coast of India. Rapid Comm. in Mass Spectrometry 25: 2769-2776.
- L.Lambs and A. Saenger 2011. Sap flow measurements of Ceriops tagal and Rhizophora mucronata mangrove trees by deuterium tracing and lysimetry. Rapid Comm. in Mass Spectrometry25: 2741-2748.
- M. Herteman, F. FromardandL. Lambs 2011. Effects of pretreated domestic wastewater supplies on leaf pigment content, photosynthesis rate and growth of mangrove trees: a field study from Mayotte Island, SW Indian Ocean.Ecological Engineering 37: 1283-1291.
- J. Orivel. L.Lambs, P-J. G. Malé, C. Leroy, J. Grangier, T. Otto, A. Quilichini and A. Dejean 2011. Dynamics of the association between a long-lived understory myrmecophyte and its specific associated ants.Oecologia 165: 369-376.
- E. Muller, L. Lambsand F. Fromard. 2009. Variations in water use by a mature mangrove of Avicennia germinans, French Guiana.Annal of Forest Sciences 66: 803-811.
- E. Muller andL. Lambs. 2009.Daily variation of sapflow in poplar clone I214.Water1: 32-42.
- M. Sabddji, O. El Hadi, A. Haddad, B. Kadik and L. Lambs. 2009. Cedar tree growth (Cedrus atlantica Manetti) in the Chréa National Park, Algeria, and the influence on their defoliation by the pine processionary caterpillar (Thaumetopoea pityocampa Schiff).Revue Ecologie(Terre Vie) 64: 323-332.
- L. Lambs, F. Brunet and J-L Probst. 2009. Isotopic characteristics of the Garonne River and its tributaries.Rapid Comm. In Mass Spectrometry 23: 1-8.
- L. Lambsand M. Labiod. 2009.Climate change and water availability in NE Algeria: investigation by stable isotopes and dendrochronology.Water International39: 280-286.
- L Lambs, E Muller, F Fromard. 2008. Mangrove trees growing in a very saline condition but not using seawater. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry 22: 2835-2843. .
- L Lambs, E Juhel, E Muller, V Chifflot, A Gavaland. 2008. Mesures de flux de sève durant un été caniculaire sur des merisiers dans le sud-ouest de la France. Forêt-Entreprise 182 : 60-65.
- L Lambs, E Juhel, E Muller, V Chifflot, A Gavaland. 2008. Sap flow measurements of wild cherry trees (Prunus avium) in an agroforestry system during a dry summer, South-West of France. Foret Entreprise 182: 60-63.
- L Lambs, E Muller, F Fromard. 2007. The Guianese paradox: How can the freshwater outflow from the Amazon increase the salinity of the Guianan shore? Journal of Hydrology 342 : 88-96.
- M Labiod, A Haddad, R Bouhraoua, KM Anouar, L Lambs. 2007. Devenir du peuplier blanc dans le Nord-Ouest algérien. Forêt Méditerranéenne 28 : 255-262.
- D Gibert, JL Le Mouël, L Lambs, F Nicollin, F Perrier. 2006. Sap flow and daily electric potential variations in a tree trunk. Plant Science 171: 572-584.
- L Lambs, M Loubiat, J Girel, J Tissier, JP Peltier, G Marigo. 2006. Survival and acclimatation of Populus nigra to drier conditions after damming of an alpine river, southeast France. Annals of Forest Science 63: 377-385.
- L Lambs, K Balakrishna, F Brunet, JL Probst. 2005. Oxygen and hydrogen isotopic composition of major Indian rivers: a first global assessment.Hydrological Processes 19: 3345-3355. .
- L Lambs. 2004. Interactions between groundwater and surface water at river banks and the confluence of rivers. Journal of Hydrology 288: 312-326.
- L Lambs, E Muller. 2004. Variation journalière de la consommation d'eau des peupliers en vallée de la Garonne. Forêt Entreprise, 59-60.
- J Trajkovic, L Lambs. 2004. Circulation et stock d'eau dans le bois des peupliers. Forêt Entreprise, 61-62.
- J Tissier, L Lambs, JP Peltier, G Marigo. Relationships between hydraulic traits and habitat preference for six Acer species occurring in the French Alps.Annals of Forest Science 6: 81-86.
- L Lambs, M Loubiat, W Richardson. 2003. The use of stable isotopes to evaluate water mixing and water use by flood plain trees along the Garonne valley.Isotopes in Environmental and Health Studies 39: 301-310.
- L Lambs. 2003. Study of mixed between ground and river water.Actualite Chimique 11 (8-9), 48-50.
- L Lambs, M Berthelot. 2002. Monitoring of water from the underground to the tree: first results with a new sap extractor on a riparian woodland.Plant and Soil 241: 197-207.
- L Lambs, É Muller. 2002. Sap flow and water transfer in the Garonne River riparian woodland, France: first results on poplar and willow.Annals of Forest Science 59 : 301-315.
- L Lambs, J Lourdes, M Berthelot. 2002. The use of the stable oxygen isotope (18O) to trace the distribution and uptake of water in riparian woodlands.Nukleonika 47: 1-4.
- FMR Hughes, WM Adams, E Muller, C Nilsson, KS Richards, N Barsoum, H Decamps, R Foussadier, J Girel, H Guilloy, A Hayes, M Johansson, L Lambs, G Pautou, JL Peiry, M Perrow, F Vautier, M Winfield. 2001. The importance of different scale processes for the restoration of floodplain woodlands.Regulated Rivers: Research & Management 17: 325-345.
- E. Tabacchi, L Lambs, H Guilloy, AM Planty-Tabacchi, E Muller, H Decamps. Impacts of riparian vegetation on hydrological processes.Hydrological Processes 14: 2959-2976.
- L. Lambs. Correlation of conductivity and stable isotope d18O for the assessment of water origin in river system. Chemical Geology 164: 161-170.
- P. Vervier , C. Richards, F. Bioteaux and L. Lambs, 1998. Nitrogen dynamics whithin a shallow riparian aquifer of a large stream. Bulletin of the North American Benthological Society, 15.
- S. Gaubert, L.Lambs and G. Berthon, 1996. Copper-histidine and –NSAID complexes in Fenton chemistry. Therapeutic Uses of Trace Elements, ed . by Nève et al., Plenum Press, p.139-144.
- J. Randall-Simpson, L. Lambs and G. Berthon, 1996. Influence of histidine on hydroxyl radical production by the copper(II)/ascorbate system. Metal Ions in Biology and Medecine, J. Libbey Ed., Eurotext Paris, vol. 4, p.152-155 (1996).
- N. Gnonlonfoun, S. El Mardi, L. Lambs and G. Berthon, 1996. Copper(II) binary complexes equilibria with [S]- and [R]-2-benzylamino-methylpyrrolidines under physiological conditions. Inorg. Chim. Acta, 247, 175-181.
- G. Berthon and L. Lambs, 1995. “Speciation studies in relation to the bioavailability and drug activity of tetracyclines”, in Handbook on "Metal-Ligand Interactions in Biological Fluids", G. Berthon Ed., Marcel Dekker Inc. New York, vol. I-2, p.1252-1265.
- P. Maestre, L. Lambs, JP. Thouvenot and G . Berthon, 1994. Copper-ligand interactions and physiological free radical processes. Part II. Influence of Cu(II) ions on Cu(I)-driven °OH generation and comparison with their effects on Fe(II)-driven °OH production. Free Rad. Res. Comms., 20, 205-218.
- M. Jezowka-Bojczuk, L. Lambs, H. Kozlowski and G. Berthon, 1993. Metal ion-tetracycline interactions in biological fluids. Part 10. Structural investigations on Cu(II) complexes of tetracycline, oxytetracycline, chlortetracycline, 4-demethyl-amino-tetracycline and 6-desoxy-6demethyl-tetracycline, and discussion of their binding modes. Inorg. Chem., 32, 428-437.
- P. Maestre, L. Lambs, JP. Thouvenot and G . Berthon, 1992. Copper-ligand interactions and physiological free radical processes. pH-dependent influence of Cu(II) ions on Fe(II)-driven OH. Generation. Free Rad. Res. Comms., 15, 305-317.
- N. Gnonlonfoun, L. Lambs and G. Berthon, 1992. A quantitative investigation of proton- and lead(II)-dithioerythritol complex equilibria under physiological conditions. Talanta, 39, 397-403.
- L. Lambs, B. Decock-Le Reverend, H. Kozlowski and G. Berthon, 1988. Metal ion-tetracycline interactions in biological fluids. Part 9. Circular dichroism spectra of calcium and magnesium complexes with tetracycline, oxytetracycline, doxycycline and chlortetracycline, and discussion of their binding modes. Inorg. Chem., 27, 3001-3012.
- L. Lambs, M. Venturini, B. Decock-Le Reverend H. Kozlowski and G. Berthon, 1988. Metal ion-tetracycline interactions in biological fluids. Part 8. Potentiometric and spectroscopic studies on the formation of Ca(II) and Mg(II) complexes with 4-dedimethyl-amino-tetracycline and 6-desoxy-6-demethyl-tetracycline. J. Inorg. Biochem., 33, 193-210.
- L. Lambs and G. Berthon, 1988. Metal ion-tetracycline interactions in biological fluids. Part 7. Quantitative investigation of methacycline complexes with Ca(II), Mg(II), Cu(II) and Zn(II) ions, and assessment of their biological significance. Inorg. Chim. Acta, Bioinorg. Chem., 151, 33-43.
- L. Lambs and G. Berthon, 1987. Influence of the 6-substitued methylene group on tetracycline coordination with Ca(II) and Mg(II) ions, and implications for drug bioavailability. Rec. Trav. Chim. Pays Bas, 106, 394.
- M. Brion, L. Lambs and G. Berthon, 1986. Metal ion-tetracycline interactions in biological fluids. Part 6. Formation of copper (II) complexes tetracycline and some of its derivatives and appraisal of their biological significance. Inorg. Chim. Acta, Bioinorg. Chem., 123, 61-68.
- M. Brion, L. Lambs and G. Berthon, 1985. Metal ion-tetracycline interactions in biological fluids. Part 5. Formation of zinc complexes with tetracycline and some of its derivatives and assessment of their biological significance. Agents & Actions, 17(2), 229-242.
- M. Brion, L. Lambs and G. Berthon, 1985. Do tetracyclines have any influence on zinc and copper bioavailabilities at blood therapeutic levels?. Rev. Port. Quim., 27, 394-396.
- L. Lambs, M. Brion and G. Berthon, 1985. Metal ion-tetracycline interactions in biological fluids. Part 4. Potential influence of Ca(II) and Mg(II) ions on the bioavailability of chlortetracycline and demethyl-chlortetracycline, as expected from their computer-simulated distributions in blood plasma. Inorg. Chim. Acta, Bioinorg. Chem., 106, 151-158.
- L. Lambs, M. Brion and G. Berthon, 1984. Metal ion-tetracycline interactions in biological fluids. Part 3. Formation of mixed-metal ternary complexes of tetracycline, oxytetracycline, doxycycline and minocycline with calcium and magnesium, and their involvment in the bioavailability of these antiobitics in blood plasma. Agents Actions, 14(5-6), 743-750.
- G. Berthon, M. Brion and L. Lambs, 1983. Metal ion-tetracycline interactions in biological fluids. Part 2. Potentiometric study of magnesium complexes with tetracycline, oxytetracycline, doxycycline and minocycline, and discussion of their posssible influence on the bioavailabiliy of these antibiotics in blood plasma. J. Inorg. Biochem., 19, 1-18.
- G. Berthon, M. Brion, L. Lambs and JB. Fourtillan, 1982. Etude quantitative des équilibres de coordination de la Doxycline avec le proton et les ions Ca(II) et Mg(II) dans les conditions physiologiques. Application à l'étude de la biodisponibilité de l'antibiotique dans le fluide gastro-intestinal et le plasma sanguin. J. Chim. Phys., 79, 677-686.